A reminder to myself - when the days at work are long, and you feel a little lonely, or when your heart aches a little from missing home, remember this little list of thanks
- For parents who run to the store late at night so you have just what you want for breakfast,
- For sunny mornings,
- For new Drake songs and dancing silly in the middle of streets,
- For sweet residency friends who will drive all the way down to run 13.1 miles with you and let you exclaim throughout the race how much you love this place,
- For garden toasts and cinco de derby margs,
- For bicycle rides to strawberry cream popsicles,
- For old friends who fill your heart and remind you that life is good. So, so good.
It was only a short 24 hours in Indianapolis, but it was so perfect. I woke up the next morning physically tired and sore, but emotionally restored. Here are just a few photos from Saturday. We are switching rotations tomorrow and I will be back in the hospital doing general medicine things. I am actually excited! I even baked a cake for it. Come find me in the hospital, sweet friends!
"Happy girls are the prettiest." - Audrey Hepburn