The weekend was a blur and now I'm sitting at work with a little bit of a cold but also a head full of good memories so much that I'm not going to let this Monday bring me down. Things like:
- Sharing a quart of ice cream and Friday night laughs with a couple of friends who know how to turn a bad mood upside down,
- Watching Captain America and then Iron Man 2, which I acknowledge is woefully out of order, but that's why there's Wikipedia,
- Eating pickles wrapped in ham and celebrating a friend's farewell to higher education and hello to an actual real world job,
- Discovering that pickles wrapped in ham is a real thing,
- Running 13.1 miles and not feeling like absolute poop doing it,
- Celebrating my mom over homemade California rolls and strawberry pie,
And going to the crawfish boil! It's the third one (one for each year of medical school so far) and it's hosted by a couple of couples who know how to host a badass party. Before medical school, I didn't even realize what a boil was other than a gross infection that witches have on their noses. At the first one, I learned the ways of ripping off the tails and extracting the precious meat - only a small bite but packed with flavor. It's a delicious mess, and it's become an annual event that I look forward to every tail end of spring.
Thank you Ben, Mike, Elizabeth, and Keelee for your sweet hospitality!
Here's to less crabby Mondays! Have a good week, friends.