Five reasons why pizza is number 1:
- It can be good motivation. 3 hours of committed studying in return for delicious pizza? I'm in.
- You almost inevitably order breadsticks as an appetizer and nearly nothing beats cheesy carby goodness. Especially with some marinara sauce. Sorta like having pizza apps before the actual thing.
- Perfect with beer. Perfect with coke. Dad always said that we should drink water for most meals, but for steak and pizza, you need a little bit of fizz to help digest all that delicious food.
- There is so much variety! Feeling adventurous and you can get the shop's crazy flavors. Or stick with the classics. You can't go wrong either way.
- Highly instagrammable. 'Nuff said.
The pizza from Pearl Street Pizzeria in the heart of downtown Indy is no exception. Andrew and I went last night and ordered a behemoth of half honey chicken (chicken, spinach, honey mustard, bacon, and tomatoes) and half bbq chicken as recommended by our friend Millie. Along with some cheesy sticks beforehand because our waitress insisted that they were the best. We're huge pizza fans, and we loved this place. And bonus points for us getting our food super fast, so we made it to the movie right on time (driving downtown right before a Colts game was not our best move hah). We'll be coming back for more.
(P.S. I apologize for the sub-par quality of the photos, they were taken with my iPhone since I didn't bring along my camera, but I haven't done a restaurant review in a while and I wanted to let you guys know about this amazing place!)
Check out Pearl Street Pizzeria's menu and head over there asap. If you want to try this place out but don't want to go alone, hit me up! I'm currently detoxing from all the pizza, lifesaver gummies, and Chicago style popcorn of last night but gimme today to recover and I'm down for pizza nomming.