I'm home, with incredibly sore toes and sleepy eyes, but also a full stomach and a big smile on my face. One load of laundry, a deep shower, and a early lunch with my mama later, I'm looking back at these photos and already missing the city. New York was something else, in the best way. It was so alive at all hours of the day. I see now why it's the city that never sleeps.
We initially intended to go to Brooklyn on our second day of New York, but nixed those plans once we heard about Smorgasburg, a food market open only on Sundays. After sneaking in a couple doughnuts on our way to the AirBnb, we somehow magically got through the subway system and into Prospect Park. The rest of the day pretty much became the recurrent theme of the trip - eat a bite of something amazing, then take in the grand views. Repeat.
More photos (of Manhattan!) to come! Happy Friday!
What we ate/saw the first day:
- A duck bao, a pork bao, a scallion pancake banh mi, lumpia, a tuna tramezzini, and a scoop of blueberry ice cream, all at Smorgasburg in the park
- A slice of matcha custard pie
- Brooklyn Bridge Park and some hipsters on a picnic with balloons
- Brooklyn Bridge and the views (Statue of Liberty! Manhattan skyline!) when we crossed it
- Pancit bihon on a whim when Momofuku had a two hour long wait
- The tastiest cherry vanilla scoop at the cutest shop
- Union Square at night